Saturday 2 February 2013

"Won-Der-Ful God I Look To You..."

I heard the post title's lyrics in a a song today and in fact while I write this post, the album cycle repeated so I hear them right now again! :)

In another song I also heard "Your Ways are Higher".

Two very good things to always keep in mind to live an effective Christian life!

So anyway, because of travel and the terrible weather I haven't been to My church in 3 weeks...that is a very loooong time and I definitely feel the lack! :( So, - unsurprisingly- I noticed I had been further from God than usual and I had been very influenced by people with their human mindsets and their ways of the world. I know this because I was lacking the usual peace and content  and confidence that comes with being close to God. I was feeling anxious and my human logical mindset was running riot with worries about the future! I also had been turning to talk to people for advice rather than Seeking His Face first and His all knowing wisdom! I think after having been in a place where the presence of God was so strong, I had become complacent or at least relatively slack in my usual spiritual routines of quite a lot of time spent in prayer and communing with God as well as plenty of reading Christian books /or the bible...probably I am also still tired and under the weather from insufficient rest since being back.

So anyway it is not surprising that I felt some kind of oppression whether you want to call it spiritual attack or succumbing to the heavy energy of a human mindset such as fear, doubt, anxiety...and my vision just felt mired and cloudy with ANGST in general, a common affliction of an overactive human mind...

So all the negative feelings and thoughts crept in as my lack of faith/doubt had made a chink in my Ephesians armour...and my shield of FAITH was not up to deflecting all the arrows!

Whenever that happens it is always a good wake up call that you've drifted too far away and need to draw near to Him again...

Being able to wholely and solely Trust in and Obey God requires constant conscientious personal effort and commitment- walking totally In Faith can be very daunting and logic defying or at least unintuitive and unnatural to the human mindset...

So anyway yesterday afternoon in my lack of peace I was crying out to God over and over in my mind for direction, guidance, and to TELL ME, SHOW ME what to do next...

He answered :)

Circumstances in my tangible existence all worked together a la God's Perfect Engineering to SHOW me very clearly! And I was awestruck  -as usual - especially whenever it happens so responsively and tangibly and clearly, but I have since had a little time to digest my excitement :)

In my blessed experience, PRAYER or calling on God is quite magical...it is almost like in the Ali Baba story where when you say "Open Sesame" a magical doorway you didn't even see existing in front of you opens a new unknown pathway of adventure before you :)

And that is why Prayer is SO POWERFUL and SO Important...because it is our link with God and how we can access his infinite source of wisdom and power.

When we call out, God hears...sometimes he responds favourably and sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes the response is delayed. It's all according to His perfect wisdom and timing and will....but definitely he HEARS us when we cry out to him: I am sure of that!!!

May this post find you near to Him as well :)

Zoe


No comments:

Post a Comment